Statue of St. Wenceslas - the fifteenth one on the left looking from the Old Town Bridge Tower
the fifteenth one on the left looking from the Old Town Bridge Tower
The sandstone statue was created by Josef Kamil Böhm in 1858 based on a design of painter Josef Führich (1800–1876) and donated by Pavel Alois Klár (1801–1860), the son of the founder of the Klár Institute of the Blind in Prague, Alois Klár (1763–1833), to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the foundation of the institute. St. Wenceslas is standing on a prismal pedestal with the Latin inscription In memory of the first celebration of twenty-five years since the foundation of the Institute of Blind Children in Prague held on 4 October 1857. The statue is in the place where little shops used to be until the year of 1822.